Many of you are shopping online, chances are you’ve at least clicked on some of the pop-up ads. And if you’re comparing to a quote from an actual promotional products professional or a product you’ve seen in the Primary Source showroom, how do you know you are comparing apples to apples?
I bet all of you are shopping online – from at least testing the waters to doing most of every kind of shopping online. And it works out great when you know you are getting the 32 oz. jar of Jiffy Creamy Spread or the Hanes White V-neck Undershirt.
But what about promotional products? If you’re in the market, chances are you’ve at least clicked on some of the pop-up ads. And if you’re comparing to a quote from an actual promotional products professional or a product you’ve seen in the Primary Source showroom, how do you know you are comparing apples to apples?
- Read the Fine Print for Additional Charges – look through the details of the online offer. Sometimes the price you originally are attracted to doesn’t even include your custom logo imprint. Or at the end you find out they can only print a name, not a logo. Watch for shipping and handling fees. Check out the artwork fees in case any touch-up needs to be done to your art file.
- Research the Product – be careful to notice actual size of the product, material it’s made of and how the imprint will be applied. Sometimes country of origin may be important to you. If you’re looking at electronics, check for UL tested and FCC approved products. Memory size and speed ratings on electronics will also greatly affect the price.
- Research the Supplier – is this a legitimate business or a one-time fleeting offer? Is this a company that you can trust with your precious brand and advertising dollars? Are you confident your product will be printed correctly and shipped on time. If you actually talk to a representative, they should be able to ease your mind of any concerns.
- Consider the Risk – If you have an important event, it might be risky to go with an online company that hasn’t proven their competency to you. Look for a delivery guarantee or a satisfaction promise when placing your order.
- Consider your Alternative – if you have a good relationship with a promotional products or advertising professional, then feel free to share with them what you found online. Give us the opportunity to help you determine if you are comparing apples to oranges. And if we find we are comparing the exact same product, give us the opportunity to meet the price. We would be happy to give you the comfort of knowing your custom promotional products are in good hands! And the value of that is Priceless!
Feel free to share your past experience with ordering promotional products online, good or bad, and any tips you may have for things to watch for.
When you’re ready for that “off-line” experience, set up a time to visit the Primary Source SHOWROOM, where you can see and touch great ideas for promoting your business or event! You will even get that extra attention of discussing your strategies and other creative ideas.
A little more about us:
Primary Source provides businesses, schools, non-profits and organizations with promotional products, decorated apparel, personalized awards plus executive and incentive gifts. We help clients choose the products that will fit their budget and recipients, AND give them RESULTS:
- Increase tradeshow traffic
- Enhance marketing plan
- Boost sales
- Reward employees
- Recognize supporters
- Increase attendance at events
- Promote your brand
- Market you services
- Recruit members
- Support your community or cause
At Primary Source, we want your promotional product choice to bring you the results intended – we are Promotional Products with a Purpose!