Feeling a little stagnant in your business? Wish you could say ‘no’ to some of your clients, but are afraid to lose the project? Perhaps you need to have a heart-to-heart with your team to determine the core purpose for why you’re doing business today. Ask the tough questions HERE.
As business owners who work in your business every day, it’s easy for us to lose sight of our mission and value proposition as the years pass. Sure, when we started, we knew our strengths and our weaknesses and swore we would always stay true to our core services and core values. But as time goes on, some of us fall prey to being all things to all people. We didn’t want to lose the sale, or the client, so ultimately we settled for the short-term gain.
Most of us are experienced business owners and marketers, so we know where our attention goes – and our attention always ends up with the day-to-day needs of our clients. But, what would happen if you tightened the big picture items and clearly re-defined your mission and sole reason for conducting business as you do today? You might see your business go from good to great if you take the time to shine light on what is truly setting you apart from your competitors.
Ask yourself these questions at the start of each new year, or when you feel like you need to hit the “refresh” button:
- What are three things that make me different/better from my competitors? Has any of this changed recently? Why would someone choose me over a competitor?
- What are three things that we do poorly and need to improve this year? Can we do these things ourselves, or do we need to enlist the help of other professionals? Can I get this feedback from my current clients—and turn it into an opportunity to “WOW!” them?
- What would my ideal client look like? Revenue size, number of employees, product/service, niche vertical market? Do I currently have clients like this, and can I focus in on being an expert in a niche industry?
- Am I communicating our mission/values in all our branding? If not, what do I need to update or change?
Do you know the answer to these questions? Sit down with your team and have a heart-to-heart and get back to the basics of your business. Asking important questions like these regularly will give you the honest answers you need to open your eyes, your clients’ eyes, and strengthen the pillars your business will be standing on in the future.
A little more about us:
TRIO is a full-service marketing communications company providing a wide array of integrated marketing services to meet all of your business and marketing needs. At TRIO, we understand that each client is unique; therefore we provide customized solutions based on your goals and growth objectives. All of our recommendations are made specifically for you and your business. TRIO Marketing, Branding and Advertising delivers an effective blend of creative talent and strategic thinking, delivering results that increase the bottom line of our client partners. We utilize our network of local experts in the community to execute the campaigns on the basis of design, printing and mailing.
Our Services include:
- Marketing, Branding, Public Relations and Advertising Consulting
- Strategic Annual Marketing Plan Development
- Integrated and Interactive Marketing Services including E-mail and SMS Marketing
- Promotional Products
- Media Negotiation, Placement & Spot Traffic Management Print Design & Production
- Web Development & Search Engine Optimization
- Direct Mail Services
- One-on-One Sales Team Development
At TRIO, we work hard to combine marketing talent and technology with outstanding customer service to build long-term partnerships with you and your business. Our strategies are delivered on time and in a cost-effective manner to achieve maximum response and grow your business.