When considering your Company expenses, how much is too much for the services you need or want? I received a phone call a few weeks ago. It was a very common topic, a conversation that is very familiar. It went something like this…
She has been in business for over three years, each year growing measurably. Inevitably, the bookkeeping needs were increasing. Each month, the pile of bookkeeping documents, became more chaotic and disorganized, compiling each year with the next. She planned to get it under control since she enjoyed doing bookkeeping, along with managing a growing business. The plan, to get caught up in the ‘off-season’. Turns out, she is better at managing her business and her ‘off-season’ never came. Knowing her frustration, friends and family volunteered to helped get it in order. After all, how hard could it be, right. It wasn’t rocket science to enter in receipts and balance a checkbook. Downside, a ‘volunteer position’ meant no time commitment or dedication. The bookkeeping wasn’t getting done and what had been done, was wrong. She then decided to hire someone. The pay was minimal, and the skill level wasn’t ideal, but she thought this is the level she could afford and would make it work. Again, the information was not entered correctly. She hired another person with a bit more experience. Guess what? The new employee was not the answer. If it was possible, the bookkeeping was in more disarray than ever, and it just kept accumulating. As a result, it was necessary to file an extension on her tax return each year. Avoiding it at all cost, she was forced to deal with the piles of receipts at the 11th hour. The mental strain caused her to rush through the piles. She is most certain she did not capture much of the tax return eligible information.
What led her to make the call? Ultimately, ironically, the same reason she avoided the call. The cost. But this time she considered the cost from the other side of the perspective. She accepted what the numbers were indicating, it was not encouraging. The years of improper bookkeeping procedures had cost more than creating processes and developing a solid procedural foundation. The cost was more than the monthly expense. She wanted to grow her business. It was time to ‘act’ like she was a ‘real’ business owner and handle the bookkeeping in the same manner. She deserved accurate timely financials that would complement plans for growth.
Cost can be more than just immediate cash flow and budgets. Consider the compilation of the money lost. In my company, often we discuss what makes a business a real business. I mention it in most conversation I have with business owners. We sum it up by how dedicated the Owner is to accuracy and timeliness of the company financials. It may take 3+ years to understand the importance, we hope with minimal cost. Those that don’t see the need or simply don’t put urgency to managing the bookkeeping, most often are on the path of a hobby.
If you need more time on your calendar and more profits in your business, use an expert in the areas that support your goals. Consider the complete cost to your company. Contact an expert. Most often the cost will be a savings.
A little more about us:
We guide, assist and manage your bookkeeping operations, customizing our service to fit within your needs, budget and timeframe.
- Providing daily, weekly, monthly or occasional BOOKKEEPING SERVICES. We assist to the degree that meets your needs and your budget. We provide you with a clear picture of your finances.
- Handling A/P and A/R entries, monthly financial reports, yearly audit assistance, state banking regulation audits, payroll processing, sales tax filing, and developing and implementing work-flow systems to ensure documentation requirements are accurate and complete.
- Creating the foundation for a cost-effective accounting system for NEW BUSINESSES, and those working to get more established, then providing customized, agreed-upon bookkeeping services contracting with clients for a clear understanding of the services to be provided.
- SCRUTINIZING existing financials to determine more timely, accurate and EFFICIENT bookkeeping options.
- Training of bookkeeping personnel in QUICKBOOKS as a Certified ProAdvisor.
- Examining financials to provide DECISION-MAKING INFORMATION regarding financial department personnel needs, resources and timing for product and service expansion, financial strategies for real estate or asset purchases, etc.
- MANAGING your books in a way that allows YOU to do what YOU DO BEST, sell your product or provide your services, while staying as involved in the bookkeeping as needed for proper management of your financials.
- CONSULTING on-call for client financial questions.
OrganizerForU offers a 20- to 30-minute complementary phone consultation. We value your time and we know that time efficiency is cost effective. During our call, we listen as you describe the current financial situation of your business, asking the right questions to determine how our services can meet your needs. We take time to briefly explain how our services are provided, to ensure we are a good fit for your needs and situation.