Do you have a phone? How about a calculator? You can be a Bookkeeper!
When I first started this business, someone apologized for calling me ‘the Bookkeeper’. I quickly stopped them and said ‘No apology needed. I take it as a compliment.’ Bookkeeping is more than just balancing checkbooks or logging online from your phone to see what your balance is. There are many details that are handled behind the scenes to create proper financial records and tax returns; all very important documents that require in-depth accuracy.
When a business owner contacts me to discuss bookkeeping, many times, I hear the same scenario, with of course some variables between situations.
These are common statements I hear from the Business Owner:
- There isn’t that much.
- It isn’t complicated.
- We are growing and we need assistance about once a month or every other month.
- I just got behind and need help getting caught up.
When I work with CPA’s the common statement I hear from them:
- Client’s bookkeeping is a mess.
- Client needs ongoing bookkeeping services.
- The Client or Client’s employee doesn’t know what he/she doesn’t know about bookkeeping.
I am sure these are terms you have heard before, but most likely haven’t take time to learn the full definition or how to properly handle the bookkeeping details. These are just some of the areas managed in the bookkeeping. Quick Quiz-Do you know how these terms relate to each other and to the financial reports? Expenses*Income*Liabilities*
Don’t devalue your business by minimizing your need for a qualified bookkeeper. Understand that you may not understand all that goes into creating accurate, timely financials. As an Owner you understand how valuable you are to your business. Your time is best spent selling your products or providing your services. You know that you would be a very expensive Bookkeeper. This is because you understand the work, skill, and experience it takes in order to proper manage your books.
Accept that it may cost more than you thought it should, but in the long run, it will be less expensive than dealing with any fallouts that may come as a result. Respecting and reconsidering your previous view of a Bookkeeper will be a gain to your businesses future. There is a real need for qualified Bookkeepers in many small businesses. We just need to revise our way of thinking about a Bookkeeper.
A little more about us:
We guide, assist and manage your bookkeeping operations, customizing our service to fit within your needs, budget and timeframe.
- Providing daily, weekly, monthly or occasional BOOKKEEPING SERVICES. We assist to the degree that meets your needs and your budget. We provide you with a clear picture of your finances.
- Handling A/P and A/R entries, monthly financial reports, yearly audit assistance, state banking regulation audits, payroll processing, sales tax filing, and developing and implementing work-flow systems to ensure documentation requirements are accurate and complete.
- Creating the foundation for a cost-effective accounting system for NEW BUSINESSES, and those working to get more established, then providing customized, agreed-upon bookkeeping services contracting with clients for a clear understanding of the services to be provided.
- SCRUTINIZING existing financials to determine more timely, accurate and EFFICIENT bookkeeping options.
- Training of bookkeeping personnel in QUICKBOOKS as a Certified ProAdvisor.
- Examining financials to provide DECISION-MAKING INFORMATION regarding financial department personnel needs, resources and timing for product and service expansion, financial strategies for real estate or asset purchases, etc.
- MANAGING your books in a way that allows YOU to do what YOU DO BEST, sell your product or provide your services, while staying as involved in the bookkeeping as needed for proper management of your financials.
- CONSULTING on-call for client financial questions.
OrganizerForU offers a 20- to 30-minute complementary phone consultation. We value your time and we know that time efficiency is cost effective. During our call, we listen as you describe the current financial situation of your business, asking the right questions to determine how our services can meet your needs. We take time to briefly explain how our services are provided, to ensure we are a good fit for your needs and situation.