I call ‘this’, the Covid Effect, CE for short. Anything that goes wrong, I blame on the CE. Whether it was losing power for days or out of nowhere, your tire goes flat, or your dog gets sick it is all due to CE. Think about all the areas of your life this has touched.
It is just one big messed up ball of interweaving threads, one leading to the next and then to another, until it has affected every square inch of your life. Here’s an example, guessing most of you haven’t thought of. So think about this, companies, with thousands of employees who are no longer working in thousands of square foot buildings, in multiple locations. So, therefore, the restrooms are not in high demand. Not to get too far into the ‘sewer’ but the reality is, the CE has worked its way here also. The taxes on the water usage is not being incurred, thus the municipalities are not meeting their budgets. In addition, the drain systems need ‘flushed’ to keep the, ‘smells’ from coming back up. Solution, the corporation hired a company to go in and ‘flush’ the system, yep, one lever at a time, regularly. Everything is being affected everywhere. The effect is large to small, but it is everywhere. Of all the effects, our financial health, is on the forefront of our minds. To withhold or not to withhold, to defer or not to defer, to apply or not to apply. Those are the questions that I hear from small business owners. Everyone is trying to determine the best option for the financial security of their company. As with most things in life, there isn’t a one size fits all when it comes to making that determination. While this may not be an exact fit, this guideline should give you a direction of thought.
- Have you adjusted your goals for 2020? Now that we have about 6 months experience with the ‘Covid Effect’ on our businesses, it is time to clamp down and make a plan. Don’t remodel your office, if that wasn’t in your plan before the Covid Effect.
- What loans, grants, deferments are available to you and your employees? Consider utilizing those options. Making a plan means preparing for the best and worst case scenarios. It also doesn’t mean to just spend haphazardly. Ultimately, the burden falls on you as the owner to validate the records. This article by a SHRM expert has recent information pertaining to payroll tax deferments that started September 1. Contact your bookkeeper or HR expert if you need assistance to determine what actions you need to take and the options you need to offer to your employees and how to manage the deferred dollars.
- How are you classifying the money you have received through these programs? We don’t know exactly how this will all play out, with reporting requirements, but we do know it is going to be required. Documentation is key. If you don’t have a process in place to manage the details, nor know where the funds have been absorbed, you should have a conversation with your bookkeeper or CPA.
A little more about us:
We guide, assist and manage your bookkeeping operations, customizing our service to fit within your needs, budget and timeframe.
Providing daily, weekly, monthly or occasional BOOKKEEPING SERVICES. We assist to the degree that meets your needs and your budget. We provide you with a clear picture of your finances.
- Handling A/P and A/R entries, monthly financial reports, yearly audit assistance, state banking regulation audits, payroll processing, sales tax filing, and developing and implementing work-flow systems to ensure documentation requirements are accurate and complete.
- Creating the foundation for a cost-effective accounting system for NEW BUSINESSES, and those working to get more established, then providing customized, agreed-upon bookkeeping services contracting with clients for a clear understanding of the services to be provided.
- SCRUTINIZING existing financials to determine more timely, accurate and EFFICIENT bookkeeping options.
- Training of bookkeeping personnel in QUICKBOOKS as a Certified ProAdvisor.
Examining financials to provide DECISION-MAKING INFORMATION regarding financial department personnel needs, resources and timing for product and service expansion, financial strategies for real estate or asset purchases, etc.
MANAGING your books in a way that allows YOU to do what YOU DO BEST, sell your product or provide your services, while staying as involved in the bookkeeping as needed for proper management of your financials.
CONSULTING on-call for client financial questions.
OrganizerForU offers a 20- to 30-minute complementary phone consultation. We value your time and we know that time efficiency is cost effective. During our call, we listen as you describe the current financial situation of your business, asking the right questions to determine how our services can meet your needs. We take time to briefly explain how our services are provided, to ensure we are a good fit for your needs and situation.