So you want to have a relationship. Are you expecting something in return? What are you willing to invest?
Goals are met and achieved daily. Success can be directly associated with quality relationships from others who provide what you need, personally or in business. But developing a trusted relationship with your financial advisors is not easy to do. Taking steps to determine what you need and what you don’t need will help the partnership progress productively and efficiently.
The top 3 services business owners avoid changing are insurance, banks, and accountants. The process is avoided sometimes to the detriment of the owner. It is time consuming, confusing and often ends in a mismatched relationship, again. We take the path of least resistance, even at the detriment of slowing the pace of reaching goals. We are very human that way.
I receive calls from business owners to discuss bookkeeping and accounting procedure needs. After taking time to understand the business as well as the needs, I listen for the disconnects that have occurred in the current relationship. Financials are very private. It takes a lot of trust for owners to open-up their books. Usually, the call comes due to a referral source. The owner feels if a trusted advisor recommends a service or company, it is a step in the right direction. It is one layer at a time, to break thru, getting closer to a level of trust. However, I want to be sure that we are a good fit, as we do with all long-term successful relationship. During our conversation, we interview each other to ensure we are a suitable match, needs vs services provided.
If you are making a move to a new provider for your accounting needs, have you clearly stated what you expect? Maybe the list will be a work in progress, developed with the right provider. At minimum, be sure you can check these off your list of requirements before you finalize that relationship.
- How often will your account be managed? If there is not a procedure to ensure that you receive or have access to current up-to-date financials, you need to continue to interview for a different provider.
- How will you continue to have access to your records if the services are outsourced? Access to payables and receivables is essential to time efficient procedures. Confirm the digital folder system will work with your needs, allowing you to obtain answers and discuss details at the touch of your fingers.
- What does the provider need you to do in this relationship? Can you commit to that? I am upfront with my clients. They need to be as invested as they want me to be. This is a partnership.
- Do you have a main account manager to communicate with? Is your account managed by multiple individuals, and no one is really ‘in charge’ of your account? When you take time out of your schedule to switch hats to manage or discuss your financials, knowing that the person you need to reach out to is the person who manages your account. This is time efficient for you, as much as it is cost effective for you. You don’t want the clock ticking, charging for 3 people to discuss and bring each other up to speed in order to assist you, resulting in higher monthly costs billed to you.
Interviewing takes time. Think of all the successful relationships in your life and what is the common denominator. You! Take the time that you need to find the right fit for this partnership. This is the foundation your business success is built on.
I want to take a final minute to thank you for being a loyal reader of our Business Warriors monthly newsletter. As we begin a new year filled with hope for a healthier and happier world, I wanted to share with you that this is the last newsletter you will be receiving from the Business Warrior group. While we will continue with our respective businesses individually, you will continue to hear from me straight to your inbox, via LinkedIn, and my website.
Please know my Business Warrior colleagues and I are here to help you and your business continue to survive and thrive in the new year. We encourage you to reach out to us with questions and concerns, as we are here to assist you in any way we can. On behalf of the Business Warriors, I wish you continued success and the very best as 2021 moves forward. Please stay well.
A little more about us:
We guide, assist and manage your bookkeeping operations, customizing our service to fit within your needs, budget and timeframe.
Providing daily, weekly, monthly or occasional BOOKKEEPING SERVICES. We assist to the degree that meets your needs and your budget. We provide you with a clear picture of your finances.
- Handling A/P and A/R entries, monthly financial reports, yearly audit assistance, state banking regulation audits, payroll processing, sales tax filing, and developing and implementing work-flow systems to ensure documentation requirements are accurate and complete.
- Creating the foundation for a cost-effective accounting system for NEW BUSINESSES, and those working to get more established, then providing customized, agreed-upon bookkeeping services contracting with clients for a clear understanding of the services to be provided.
- SCRUTINIZING existing financials to determine more timely, accurate and EFFICIENT bookkeeping options.
- Training of bookkeeping personnel in QUICKBOOKS as a Certified ProAdvisor.
Examining financials to provide DECISION-MAKING INFORMATION regarding financial department personnel needs, resources and timing for product and service expansion, financial strategies for real estate or asset purchases, etc.
MANAGING your books in a way that allows YOU to do what YOU DO BEST, sell your product or provide your services, while staying as involved in the bookkeeping as needed for proper management of your financials.
CONSULTING on-call for client financial questions.
OrganizerForU offers a 20- to 30-minute complementary phone consultation. We value your time and we know that time efficiency is cost effective. During our call, we listen as you describe the current financial situation of your business, asking the right questions to determine how our services can meet your needs. We take time to briefly explain how our services are provided, to ensure we are a good fit for your needs and situation.