Are your employees engaged in their work? I am not talking about job satisfaction; I am talking about employee engagement. Job satisfaction has more to do with whether the employee is personally happy than whether the employee is actively involved in advancing your company
I was asked to speak to a local networking group of professionals and they wanted a title for my talk for promotional purposes. Who would have thought the title would be one of the more challenging aspects of the talk. The beauty of a challenge is that it requires you to search. Ultimately the search led me to what I enjoy so much about the field of human resources. I call it the right
If you are behind on your marketing strategies…no worries. Here are a few simple economical steps to improve your customer connections that you can try today.
- Brochures or flyers can have hyperlinks added to your website, ordering page and email address for easy information gathering and inquiry questions. Now you’ve just made it one step easier for your customer to do business with you.
- Have your business card saved as a web-safe jpg and use it in your email signature.
- Reformat the outside of your company brochure to view nicely as one page. Sometimes it is a simple as moving the cover panel to the left and shifting everything else to the right so the page reads from left to right. Here’s an example:
- Add a question at the end of every sale, “Is there anything else I can help you with?”
- Sending a survey to your top clients and ask for leads.
- Send a thank you and state that you are ready to work with them again.
- Ask to set up the next appointment at the end of your meeting.
- Stop by and pay a friendly visit to your top clients. Sometimes some face time is the best branding a business has.
Well, short answer, yes. Long answer, is actually a question; what do you expect to get out of your well-polished, finely- tuned set of books, your company financials in a spreadsheet? If you are looking to have all your numbers nicely organized for your tax preparer to whip out your taxes, well that is one good reason to have a bookkeeper . But if you want to know exactly what your company financial status is, it might be better off to hire someone to teach you about how to handle your bookkeeping.
I had a client who couldn’t figure out how to go to the next level. She suggested setting a budget. I started asking some questions and quickly discovered, she has worked very hard to make her business run, but never spent a lot of time on her bookkeeper . We were very far from being able to determine what she spent in order to figure out what we could budget.
If you need assistance with your bookkeeping, find someone who will not just do the work, but will work with you to educate and inform you of your financial situation. Then you can make a more informed decision on your spending, budgeting, and strategies to increase your revenues.
Here is a little info about Business Warrior contributor Lucinda Sperry, owner of Designgoddess.com.
If you are looking for a creative design and marketing business that provides professional marketing design and ideas without the agency price tag…you’ll want to get to know Designgoddess.com. Lucinda Sperry is the creative drive behind the business with 20 years experience in the graphic design, publishing and marketing industries.
Designgoddess.com has provided designs for logos, brochures, newsletters, newspaper/magazine ads, high-impact business cards, website design and more for over 11 years. Clients also receive print pricing services to get the absolute best price and quality for design projects.
Get to know Designgoddess.com by visiting my website or check out the portfolio .
Graphic Design & Creative Marketing
About Janis Robinson
Janis Robinson, business consultant and international inspirational speaker/teacher, grew up, in the USA, in Missouri in an entrepreneurial family. She had the unique experience of attending parochial schools where she was considered too outspoken, uncontrollable and was expelled in 8th grade as a result of questioning authority too much. Janis realized from this experience she had a skilled gift of public speaking, questions the status quo and teaching. Janis has a BS in Nursing(Union College- Lincoln, NE) and an MBA from (University of Nebraska-Lincoln). While pursuing her MBA she became aware of how much she enjoyed personal development and analysis of human behavior, systems, & business strategies. Janis then began her quest to study from over 30 proclaimed experts in business, personal development, systems management and human behavior. Janis continues to research and study in these areas to ensure she is sharing the best of the best information.
One of Janis